22 noviembre 2010

Day 7 *A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

The Atonement of Jesus Christ has the biggest impact in my life

The Atonement of Christ is a gift from our Father in Heaven, provided to us through His son, Jesus Christ. The Atonement of Christ is part of God's Plan and saves us from: Physical and Spiritual Death.

Not only did Jesus suffer for our sins, but through the Atonement he also suffered all of our infirmities, sicknesses, pains, afflictions, temptations, and sorrows. Everything we suffer, he has suffered.

The Atonement is our greatest blessing from God. I know that because of Christ we will be resurrected and that only through His Atonement can we be saved from our sins to live with Him and our Father again.

One of my favorite hymns, written by Charles H. Gabriel, expresses the deepest feelings regarding this greatest of all gifts:

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,

Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.

I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,

That for me, a sinner, he suffered, He bled and died.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me

Enough to die for me!

Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

[Hymns, p. 193].


0 smart comments: